- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- 2 tsp tamari/ soy sauce
- 3 tbsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1¼ tsp fish sauce
- ¼ tsp finely grated orange zest
- For the nori salt
- ½ sheet nori seaweed
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 2 tsp black sesame seeds
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- For the salad
- 800g mixed ripe tomatoes (cut large ones cut into 1 cm wedges, cherry tomatoes halved or quartered)
- 4 large, ripe plums, cut into1 cm wedges
- 100g spring onions, sliced
- 100g fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Flaky sea salt for garnish
To make the dressing, whisk the oil, vinegar, coconut sugar and tamari in a medium bowl. Stir in ginger, garlic, fish sauce and orange zest. Set aside for 10 mins for the flavours to infuse.
To prepare nori salt, heat a medium skillet over high heat. Toast the nori, turning once halfway, until dry and crisp (about 1 to 2 mins).
Coarsely tear into pieces and place in a spice grinder. Pulse in short bursts into a coarse powder. Transfer to a bowl.
Toast white and black sesame seeds in the pan over medium heat until fragrant (about 1 min). Add the sesame seeds, crushed red pepper and ¼ teaspoon salt to the nori. Stir to combine.
To prepare the salad, combine the tomatoes, plums, spring onions and coriander in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the mixture and gently stir to combine.
Transfer to a platter, season and sprinkle with the nori salt.