At the time of writing, the UK has just gone into another lockdown. Countries around Europe are following suit.
Being in the house for longer than you normally would has risks to your mental and physical health if you don’t know how to handle it. So, here are a few tips on how you can be positive and healthy during yet another COVID lockdown.
- Focus on the positives – You’re getting to spend time with immediate family and perhaps pick up a new hobby. Take advantage of it!
- Keep to a routine – It’s tempting to sleep in but it won’t help you. Have a regular bedtime and wake up time, meal times, and do your chores as you normally would. Structure is key!
- Focus on cooking healthy meals – Use this downtime to create new recipes you find online, using new and healthy ingredients. Avoid too many takeouts that are packed with salt, sugar, and unhealthy fats.
- Make exercise a family thing – Head into the garden, fid a you tube video of exercises that you can do in the living room, make exercise fun! In my book Get Fit and Healthy in Your Own Home in 20 Minutes or Less you can find numbers of home exercises that can support your health and weight loss. To purchase this book, Click Here. You can even go out together to the park for a walk and get some fresh air at the same time. However, if you do go out, make sure you practice social distancing.
- Be aware of excesses – Be mindful of how much you’re drinking, smoking, eating, or spending. Excess won’t help you.
- Keep a gratitude diary – Identify one thing out of every day that you’re grateful for. You’ll find it far easier to be upbeat and positive as a result.
Nobody wants a lockdown, but by focusing on health and positivity, you’ll sail through these difficult times.
Lots of love, and make sure you take care of yourself.